Please visit the Pitts Pens store for all your hockey and Penguins gear

Yard leader

yard badge

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Quick hits on Pittsburgh Penguins vs Anaheim Ducks

I don't want to spend alot of time looking back on the Ducks vs Pens game last night. The Pens lost. They are now under .500. They are now 3rd place in the Atlantic, 4 points behind the Flyers and they have played 1 more game.
I guess there are a couple positives we can take out of the game.


  • The Penguins finally scored on the power play!!! And guess what worked? Goligoski wasnt roaming, Malkin wasnt on the blue line, it wasnt a serious of fancy passes.  It was just a simple play where a shot at goal was made and Crosby was around the net to tap it in on a backhand.



  • I loved the 3rd period fire. The Penguins really laid it out. It would be hard to keep that type of play every period, every game, but it sure was nice to see determination and will on behalf of the entire team. 
  • The Penguins power play continued to impress, holding the Ducks off the scoresheet. Anaheim only had 2 opportunities but they do rank high in the league in pp%. The Penguins are now 8th in the league with a 86.7% kill rate.
I thought Fleury did ok. However, ok wasnt good enough. 3 goals given up on only 19 shots just doesnt cut it. We continue to wait on that "in the zone" game where Fleury shuts it down. I hope the time comes soon because I am starting to lose a little faith. I am a Fleury supporter but I am objective enough to realize that right now the Pens are at a disadvantage when Fleury is in there.

I am going to end this post because I want to get to tonights game vs Phoenix. This will be the 3rd game in 4 nights and and the last 2 have been pretty exhausting. Lets see what the have left in the tank..









Pitts Pens Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment