Please visit the Pitts Pens store for all your hockey and Penguins gear

Yard leader

yard badge

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pens and Islanders recap and notes

Wow, I was right that the Pens would win their first game at the Consol against the Isles, but I didnt think it would be that hard. The game was very entertaining and the team had to overcome several bad calls and some nice acting by DiPietro, but they held on and even won the game on the power play. Johnson looked sharp so I expect an even bigger goalie controversy with the fans. The power play started off 0-7 which just blows my mind.

  • So far this season, I have to give the MVP to Alex Goligoski. He has exceeded my expectations in every way, offensively and defensively.
  • What is up with Crosby? I have to believe he is playing with pain. He has not been himself. He's loosing battles for the puck that normally he would always win. He is turning over the puck. He does not have the explosiveness that we are used to seeing. I know its early and I'm sure by seasons end he will be among the leagues leaders but he is a concern right now.
  • I'm really liking Paul Martin. He is not flashy at all but makes the solid little plays that dont get much airtime. Once Orpik and Michalek come back, this defense is going to be great.

I will try to get the Flyers game pros and cons up sometime later this morning or afternoon. Remember, 6 pm start tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment