Please visit the Pitts Pens store for all your hockey and Penguins gear

Yard leader

yard badge

Monday, October 11, 2010

New Lines for Pens New Jersey game

Well, I am liking these moves alot. I stated yesterday that it was painfully obvious that Pascal Dupuis did not deserve to be on Crosby's line. Today I got my wish.

According to the this article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, the new lines are:

Chris Kunitz-Sidney Crosby-Mike Comrie
Eric Tangradi-Mark Letestu-Evgeni Malkin
Matt Cooke-Max Talbot-Tyler Kennedy
Mike Rupp-Craig Adams-Pascal Dupuis/Eric Godard


I believe these lines will be much more productive. The new 1st line of Kunitz, Crosby, and Comrie gives balance, speed, and skill. Kunitz can continue to do his things-going into corners, provide forecheck and grit. Comrie has shown he is willing to go to the net and can finish plays(although he didnt finish several great opportunities in game 1). This should give crosby a little more breathing room because lets be honest, no defense cared about Dupuis.

Malkin is now left with 2 rookies but I think this line will be ok. Letestu has shown hockey smarts. Tangradi is still learning but can drive to the net and take defensemen with him.

Today is a rare 4 pm start. I dont know how much I'll be able to see or listen but hopefully going on the road and these line shakeups are a wakeup call

No comments:

Post a Comment