Please visit the Pitts Pens store for all your hockey and Penguins gear

Yard leader

yard badge

Thursday, September 23, 2010

HBO 24/7 Penguins Reality..good or bad

With the announcement of the Penguins and Capitals being featured in a HBO reality series called 24/7, I've been wondering if this is a good thing or not for the Pens. My first instinct is no, it is not something that is needed. I am a little biased cause for the most part, I hate reality shows. It's been announced that both teams will allow unfettered access to the HBO camera's. Now I understand why the NHL is excited about this opportunity. They are going to get exposure that previously has only been given to the NFL, boxing , and Nascar.

Ray Shero is quoted as saying "This isn’t going to be G-rated. It’s going to be the way things are done and how we do things. It’s an emotional sport, which makes it exciting. It’s passionate. You’re going to be talking about the game and practices and things will come out."

Ok, maybe it will be entertaining but I wonder what Malkin thinks about it? I wonder how Crosby feels about having cameras in his face even more than he already does. "Unfettered" cameras in his face. What about Staal? He certainly doesnt seem like the type who is going to enjoy this.

I'm sure their will be some "superstars" ham it up..Talbot comes to mind.

I can just see this as making a lot of guys uncomfortable. A distraction that is not really needed. Maybe this wont make any difference on the ice. Time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment